Standard dental implants can restore the function of missing teeth and preserve the jawbone. The three major components of implants closely mimic natural teeth and with proper care, these implants can last a lifetime, making them a popular choice among dentists and patients. Natural teeth are rigid, calcified structures that protrude passed the gum line…
3 FAQs About All-On-4 Dental Implants
An All-on-4 dental implant might be exactly what you need if you have lost most of your real teeth. These restorations combine the stability of implants with the affordability of dentures. Talk to most dentists, and they will quickly tell you implants are the go-to solution for missing teeth. There is only one problem, replacing all of your missing teeth with implants can be quite expensive when you have already lost most of them.
An All-on-4 dental implant provides a more affordable solution while you still get to enjoy most of the benefits that come with dentures.
Important things to know before getting an All-on-4® dental implant
Here are the answers to a few questions commonly asked about this procedure:
Q. Will I be able to eat after the procedure?
Dentists generally recommend sticking to a liquid diet for the first two weeks following treatment. Patients can move on to a soft food diet for the next two to five months while the implants heal. Once the implants have fused with the jawbone tissue, the person will be free to enjoy all their favorite meals.
Q: Does the prosthetic last a lifetime?
All-on-4 implants have been successfully installed since the 90s and the implants used can last a lifetime. The denture sets attached to the implants usually last somewhere between 5 to 10 years. Replacing them does not require any additional surgery.
It means All-on-4 implants allow patients to enjoy natural-looking teeth that do not need any special care besides good dental hygiene.
Q: What are the benefits of All-on-4 dental implants over other teeth replacement alternatives?
The benefits of these dental restorations include:
- Keeping the person's jawbone properly stimulated, preserving bone tissue
- No slipping or constant moving with All-on-4 implants; patients receive a prosthetic that is firmly held in place at all times, so there is no need to use dental adhesives
- Patients can quickly get back to their regular routine since All-on-4 implants do not require any special care; brushing two times a day and flossing at least once a day is all that is needed to keep these prosthetics is good condition
- All-on-4 implants are cheaper than replacing missing teeth with single implants, so patients save money; the best part is the patient still gets to enjoy many of the benefits that come with implants
- It takes less time to get used to –– some patients have a very hard time learning how to speak with their dentures due to the lack of stability; it hinders their ability to communicate clearly and it can lead to embarrassing moments
- The wearer gets to enjoy all of their favorite meals –– dentures make it hard to eat certain foods like apples or corn; All-on-4 implants eliminate this problem, allowing the patient to eat what they want
Come explore All-on-4 implants with us
Call or visit our Franklin clinic if you are looking for an affordable and comfortable solution for missing teeth.
Let's get started…
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
Your dentist may talk to you about a smile makeover . If you are hearing more about this term or service, you are probably curious about what it entails. There are different procedures available, each of which can improve the way your teeth look and restore the appearance and function of your mouth. For your…
Dental implants offer individuals the opportunity to regain a fully functioning set of teeth. The aftercare procedures are imperative to ensure the surgical area heals and implant osseointegration occurs. Osseointegration is the process by which the bone in the jaw fuses with the implant posts. This creates the solid foundation needed to support the apparatus.…
Dental implants are a reliable replacement option if a patient has a tooth extracted. There are many reasons to pull permanent teeth, including infection, irreversible damage, and a crowded mouth. A dentist may recommend an implant if a patient is experiencing difficulties with chewing or speaking, or if the person is self-conscious about smiling. It…