All-on-4 dental implants was developed in the 1990s as a way to best restore the full arches of the upper and lower jaws. The procedure uses only four implants to secure all teeth in place hence, the name All-on-4. All-on-4 was developed by implant manufacturer Nobel Biocare and European implant dentist Paulo Malo using bio-mechanics, computer simulation and clinical research. Their results provided patients with high quality full teeth restoration without the use of bone grafting in the shortest time possible. The All-on-4 procedure provides especially effective restoration in 1 day of the upper jaw because longer and stronger implants can be secured in the back part of the jaw.
Previous treatments required patients to receive a total of six or more implants, with treatment extending throughout 18 months of treatment. The patients were then forced to leave the office without any teeth or a poor fitting temporary denture for over a year! With the All-on-4 All in 1 day procedure, we make sure our patients leave our office smiling- with a brand new set of replacement teeth!
ALL-ON-4 DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
In order for Dr. Blourchian to properly evaluate your case your will initially require a consultation and diagnostic appointment in order to best determine the treatment path necessary for your case. This includes determining whether or not your case will require extractions, gathering the appropriate information via X-rays, CT Scans and impressions and any other photos required. Directly after this consultation, the patient is scheduled for implant surgery in which the new replacement teeth are fitted and adjusted all in one appointment, including any necessary extractions.
The beauty of this new procedure is the sheer convenience. Special implants were developed for this treatment allowing for the immediate fitting of replacement teeth to the abutments. Once the four implants are secure, the abutments will be attached so that the replacement teeth can be fastened and adjusted for maximum comfort and function giving you a brand new radiant smile. Because only four implants are used in the procedure, the entire process is much less invasive and involves less surgical time than previous treatments and can be done in 1 day.
This means that with only four implants, patients can leave their dental office with a full set of new replacement teeth within only one appointment! No bone grafts necessary! The teeth are fixed so there is no need for patients to be without teeth or to endure temporary dentures for an extended time period. The patient is enabled to come for a morning appointment and leave that same afternoon with a brand new radiant smile!
Definition of Denture Terminology
- Alveolar Bone
- The alveolar bone is the bone surrounding the root of the tooth that keeps the tooth in place.
- A clasp is a device that holds a removable partial denture prosthesis to the teeth.
- Denture Base
- The denture base is the part of the denture that connects the artificial teeth with the soft tissue of the gums.
- Edentulous is a term that applies to people who do not have any teeth.
- Fixed Full Arch Restoration
- A fixed full arch restoration is a common treatment option for edentulous patients who are missing either all or at least an entire arch of their teeth.
- Fixed Provisional Bridge
- A fixed provisional bridge is a dental bridge that a dentist cements in place for a temporary amount of time to see if it works properly before making the bridge permanent.
- Full Arch Rehabilitation
- Full arch rehabilitation involves using the All-on-4 ™ to help patients maintain and use a new set of teeth that look natural.
- Full Arch Treatment
- Full arch treatment is the treatment process of replacing an entire arch of missing teeth and ensuring that everything fits properly.
- Graftless Procedure
- A graftless procedure is a dental implant procedure that does not require the use of a bone graft prior to placing the dental implants.
- Nobel Biocare
- Nobel Biocare is a company that manufactures dental implants and continues to innovate the market with new products and designs.
- Periodontal Disease
- Periodontal disease is a condition that causes inflammation of the gingival tissues and membrane of the teeth, leading to tooth loss without professional treatment.
- Pontic is another term for an artificial tooth on a fixed partial denture.
- Resin and Acrylic are resinous materials that can be components in a denture base.
- Stomatitis is the inflammation of the tissue that is underlying a denture that does not fit properly. It can also result from other oral health factors.
Back to top of All-on-4 Implants
If you suffer from severe tooth decay or extreme tooth loss, All-on-4® treatment might be the perfect fit for you. All-on-4® prosthetics can serve as a great alternative to other total replacement options and give you a more natural feeling and looking permanent set of artificial teeth. Below is some more information about this artificial…
One of the concerns patients often have about dental procedures like All-on-4® is their expected lifespan. Everything points to their durability, but because it is a relatively new system, it is hard to tell how long they will last precisely. However, several factors may affect the longevity of the dental restoration. This article covers details…
An All-on-4 dental implant might be exactly what you need if you have lost most of your real teeth. These restorations combine the stability of implants with the affordability of dentures. Talk to most dentists, and they will quickly tell you implants are the go-to solution for missing teeth. There is only one problem, replacing…
Having missing teeth can often cause you to feel hopeless, but you can have an amazing smile with the All-on-4® solution! Every day, this dental implant procedure is helping people to replace their missing teeth. While you may know how traditional dental implants work, the term All-on-4 may leave you confused.Let us explain this type…
When it comes to tooth replacement options, you have several, one of which is dental implants. Dental implants are an advanced tooth replacement option that comes with several benefits. In addition to improving the aesthetics of your smile, implants can help to improve the functionality of your mouth. They feel and work virtually identically to…